04 Jan Common Issues Regarding Your Furnace
Posted at 17:47h in Garner, hvac, raleigh 0 Comments
Your furnace could have any number of issues that cause it to make noises, not work properly or not work at all. Here are some of the more common issues.
- Dirty or clogged filters – One of the main causes of furnace problems is dirty or clogged filters. Clogged filters decrease air flow which makes your furnace work harder to compensate for the blockage of air. This means your furnace is working harder to warm your house costing you more, decreasing the lifespan of your furnace and increasing the chances of a costly major repair.
- Lack of Maintenance – Have your HVAC system inspected by a licensed professional periodically this will prevent major breakdowns and prolong the life of your furnace. You might also want your ductwork looked at for holes and leaks. Repairing holes and leaks in the ductwork will save energy and save you money in the long run.
- Mechanical Wear and Tear – With so many mechanical parts in your furnace, there’s always going to be some wear and tear. Over time wear and tear of mechanical parts in your furnace can cause airflow problems, under heating and even over heating issues. If left unchecked, this will eventually lead to very costly repairs or possibly needing to replace the whole furnace. Periodic inspections will prevent future costly repairs and prolong the life of your system.
- Thermostat problems – The thermostat controls the heat in your home. Issues with the thermostat means your furnace will not heat your home properly and possibly leaving you without any heat at all. Don’t be left in the cold! This can be prevented by a proper inspection.
- Pilot or Ignition Control Problems – Pilot or Ignition Control problems could be a result of a number electronic issues or even a draft or clog. A malfunctioning ignition control could cause intermediate heat or no heat at all in your house or commercial space.
- Furnace is noisy – A noisy furnace is a very common complaint for furnaces. If your furnace makes rumbling, rattling, thumping or loud humming sounds, there could be some serious issues with it. This could be caused by any number of mechanical issues or even a problem with the burner portion of your furnace.
Why hire a professional? Not hiring a professional may accidentally cause larger problems. It could void any warranties and cost more later. There’s the safety issue of having the electric and gas components being handle by a non-licensed amateur. You want these components handled by a licensed expert!
Find out more about furnace repairs, inspections, preventative maintenance and tips for your system by contacting the experts at Biggs HVAC. Call 919-392-8288 / toll free 1-866-50-BIGGS.