28 Nov Duct sanitizing and dryer vent cleaning
Not only does Biggs HVAC, Inc. work hard to keep our customers comfortable, but we also work hard to keep them safe!
We also offer several services you may not be aware of but certainly may need:
- Do you have an odor when you’re AC or Heat comes on?
We have the solution! Our three step process using EPA registered products prevents mold and mildew build up in your HVAC system and ductwork. Your system will be clean, fresh and free of any odors. Guaranteed for one year or we will retreat your system for free.
- The Environmental Protection Agency reports:
“Poor indoor air quality ranks among the top five environmental risks to public health.” “Contaminated central air handling systems can become breeding grounds for mold, mildew and other sources of biological contaminates.” “Levels of air pollution inside the home can be two to five times higher than outdoor levels.”
Dryer vent cleaning
- Lint and debris can build up in the clothes dryer vent blocking air flow and creating potentially hazardous conditions including the possibility for an exhaust fire or carbon monoxide intrusion (gas clothes dryers).
- The U.S. Fire Administration, National Fire Data Center reports:
“There are over 12,700 home fires per year associated with clothes dryer fires resulting in 15 deaths and 300 injuries, and 88 million dollars in property loss.”
- Most clothes dryer vents have the accordion style vent which is ONLY designed to connect the appliance to the hard duct or rigid venting. According to the North Carolina Mechanical Code, flexible ducting is not allowed. Our team of experts can recommend the proper way to vent the system to allow the dryer to function efficiently and provide a smooth surface to prevent lint buildup.